CLUB TEAMSSELECTION CRITERIA
Racing a club teams event for your cycling club is an exciting way to get to know other club members at both a Junior & Senior level. Generally club teams events are held for Track, Criterium, Time Trial and Road events.
- To promote club spirit
- To enable riders to experience teams competition
- To utilise transparent, evidence-based team selection criteria
- To be the best-performing club in the state
- Invite riders to register their interest, then name squads 1 month before championships
- Each category trains as a squad
- Final selection of teams announced prior to entries submission cut-off;
this date and the latest date for which fastest times can be considered will be publicised
- Where a team cannot be formed within a category, composite teams will be encouraged (within competition rules) to enable as many members as possible to take part
- Fastest times (recorded recently over similar distances) and a demonstrated ability to ride in a team.
- Proven current performance in similar events over similar distances.
- Times will preferably come from recent published competition results; where none exist, or where a rider advises selectors of extenuating circumstances, riders may request they be timed at a training session
- Attendance at specific training days is strongly encouraged for riders to demonstrate their ability to ride effectively in a team; where this is not possible riders should advise the selectors (particularly for compulsory training sessions)